Tel'Aran'Rhiod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nurse's Office

2 posters

Go down

The Nurse's Office Empty The Nurse's Office

Post  Rose Rogue Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:06 pm

Garanos sat oddly on the back of a small chair placed almost against the wall in a small room, growing antsy with every little sound sound that escaped her every few seconds like clockwork. She shifted her feet in the seat of the chair, while her bottom rested on, in what should have been an uncomfortable way to sit, the back of the chair. Reason for this was the long, armored, red tail that hung down behind her from beneath her skirt, flickering in the air with a manner that was neither serpentine nor mammalian. She rested her elbows against her knees, with a hand reached up to prop up her head by her chin, and the other almost limply holding a cup of water, which she took a quick sip of every time she was about to hiccup. Even with the water, tiny slips of smoke escaped her nose. Her eyes, with natural markings to the upper corners of them, were narrowed and flickering between the doors of the room, holding a guilty and somewhat even frightened look in them instead of the natural glow of pride and curiosity.

As if the tail and the whisps of smoke were not enough evidence that she was not human, upon her head, she bore four horns, two turned back like those of a ram, and two smaller ones before that, easily mistaken for being spurs from the larger horns. On her back, she wore two small wings, wings that surely could not hold her in the air. But she did not often need flight in this form, and if she did, she'd make them more appropriate.

Why she was here in the waiting room of a human nurse's office, though, was not as obvious. She constantly looked towards the door with the wishes and hopes that a girl, a friend of hers from the human numbers of this school she attended in secret at night, would emerge okay, and that she might be forgiven. Earlier, in an attempt to show affection to a girl from the day class, the girl fell victim to her hiccups, which started randomly. How could hiccups be so bad? Well, she was starting to grasp the ability to wield flames, and being so young, her control was imperfect. When the hiccups struck, she found herself giving off bursts of flames.

Now, she was not exactly supposed to associate with the Day Class to begin with, though she didn't seem to care if she was punished. Day Class was for human students that attended this great school, and, typically, those students had little clue that their school also harbored demons and monsters, teaching them when the sun dropped below the horizon and the moon was what lit the historic campus. But she was a dragon! She had little care, if any, to hide away those beautiful days, and less to hide simply because she might be feared.

It was this attitude of hers that introduced one or two of the Day Class to the world the Night Class lived in, but she was careful with who she approached, watching people to see how accepting they were and all that good stuff. She wouldn't approach someone that was likely to be scared to death by her presence, or would announce her kinda and others to exist among humans. That made this worse, though... That she burned one of her friends, and that it was a little human friend, no less, had her worried enough that the cool air in the waiting room felt like a winter frost to her warm body. Perhaps there would be something she could do for the girl... She occupied herself with optimistic thoughts, which felt as though to keep her warm against the air conditioning.

On the other side of one of those doors was the Nurse's office itself, where there girl Garanos arrived with had been taken to see the school nurse, who apparently had it within her ability to help the girl many, many times before. That girl often attracted stares for often wearing bandages as often as her clothing. She was apparently prone to constant injury, and as soon as it was in her power to speak again after being burned by her dragon friend, she asked to be taken to the school nurse.

Kamina, the name of the injury prone teenager that Garados had accidentally burned, now sat at the edge of a bed in the nurse's office, an eye clenched shut over a cheek that had been given the lick of heat, which trailed down over her neck, even, if for a short ways. The damage was not as bad as it looked, having yet to be given the proper cleaning, but it was another tale she'd have to write down in her little book of stories on such things. She had some pretty interesting stories, she did, in the pages of that journal of hers in her room.

The eye she currently had closed had several stitches over and around it, but the bandages she had used on her eye to try and heal had been singed away. There was a clear line where they had been, for the burn of flame abruptly ended at a certain point, past which there was only a redish flare that faded into her otherwise pale skin. It was surprising that she lacked many scars on that delicate skin, with her history with bad events. She did have some, though, hidden by either clothing or bandages that hid newer wounds. Her arm, for once not held up in a sling, was in a cast, and there was a brace on one of her knees. She was one of the few girls allowed to not wear stockings, for she often wore casts or bandages on her legs.

Despite her constant injury and bad luck, she sat there, humming softly, her eye blinking brightly with a gleam of optimism as she looked around. There was a red tint to her eye, because she had cried from the pain of the burn, but as soon as it became bearable, her tears ceased and her mood brightened slowly back up, more so now that she was here. In the nurse's office, she was safe, and she could be taken care of. And she trusted Nurse Kerin with, quite literally, her life, and more seriously, anything she might have had to say.

There was only one thing Kamina worried about as she sat there, and that was the fate of the dragon in the other room. Stubborn as she was, Garanos had refused to leave her side until she had been taken from the dragon's side by the nurse. She wondered if the nurse and her assistant were aware of the Night class the Young one had told her about, and if Garanos would be punished for something she really did not mean to do. She pursed her lips quietly for a moment, flicking her eye quietly over towards the nurse.

Rose Rogue
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Nurse's Office Empty Re: The Nurse's Office

Post  Admin Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:10 pm

A young woman, a girl even, fluttered into the room. Well, perhaps flutter was the wrong word. Though dressed in pink-heavy clothing, there was little girliness to the expression on the girl's face. It was a stern mask, despite the fact that if one looked very closely, they would see pink, heart-shaped pupils in her eyes. Perhaps it was simply contact lenses, of a custom make, or perhaps they were natural. What with a dragon sitting in the room, the latter would probably be the first to come to mind. Though, really, her flutter into the room was ominous. Perhaps the way a raven's wing flutters. Her black irised eyes stared harshly towards the dragon-girl seated in the office, and began to walk over.

She had just exited the Nurse's Infirmary itself, where poor little Kamina was seated with the good doctor. She wasn't pleased at all to see someone had hurt her favorite little patient. She slowly gave a mental shake of her head before advancing upon the dragon, and hefting a clipboard, writing down fiercely upon it, while murmuring; "It seems that Kamina will be quite all right." As if there could possibly be any other outcome. What with all the injuries the girl sported, it was very lucky she had not died by now. "However, I think we all realize that there are repercussions for burning someone, accidentally or not." Her eyes rose over the clipboard, staring down at Garanos, and wrinkling her nose just slightly, as if she smelled something. She did, of course.

"First of all, though, I am taking you out of here, whether you like it or not. You are emitting smoke, and this is a no-smoking zone. You don't want asthmatics coming in here and gasping for breath only to take in sulfur or whatever it is you're hiccuping up. Well, do you?" She did not have to repress her smile at the thought of a dragon hiccuping. The urge to had long since passed. She gave a firm nod towards the door, before walking over to it, and holding it open, clearly expecting her to follow, and with no arguments. "She will be fine, as I said, so there is no reason to wait around, fogging up the infirmary."

While she was taking care of Garanos, however, Nurse Winter--Nurse North sounded funny--was quietly seated upon an office chair, staring towards Kamina. She did not want to sit here, prolonging her suffering, but she was judging the damage. She eventually stood up, and walked to the cabinet labeled 'Bandages', and began plucking out a few rolls of them. She then searched around, grabbing antibiotics, sutures, disinfectants, and all that nice stuff. "Since you are in here, I might as well clean as many wounds as I can. Dear, dear. My little Kamina. Burned by a dragon. You could be an adventurer, you know."

It was all just idle talk, though, as doctors tended to do to distract the patient. She also talked because she liked the girl. She had come in here often enough to get to know her pretty well. She continued to speak as she walked over to wash her hands, cleansing them quite thoroughly, before slowly slipping a hand into her glovebox, and sliding one glove over each hand, letting go of the bands with a snap. The gloves emphasized her hands in a way that made the rest of her seem less than naked. Even had she been wearing a less revealing outfit, it would have been almost shameful to look upon the hand. Her skeletal fingers were visible all the way up into the metacarpals.

She slowly walked over, as she said; "Well, never you worry about that. You're the toughest little girl I know." She was quite truthful with that, speaking as she rolled out a length of bandage, smearing ointment along the inside of it. She teased her tongue along the corner of her sharp teeth, though currently she was wearing a mask that would prevent her from perhaps accidentally getting her saliva in a wound if she spoke, or breathing against the wound too heavily. Regardless, she slowly began to rewrap the girl's eye with bandages, sweeping it around her head and covering the burn wound with the length of soft bandage.

"I do wish you would be more careful, though. As much as I would hate to see you stop coming to my office, I really do not like looking at you take on more and more hurt." She gave her a look that was almost pouting, despite the fact that her lips were not visible. "This will sting a little." She said, as she began dampening the bandage with disinfectant. She then said to her; "I am going to check all of your other little cuts and scrapes, alright?" She said, as she began slowly to tease her gloved fingers along the girl's form, touching and probing all over with her fingers.

"If you feel anything particularly strange, just tell me and I will take... special care of it." She said with a small smile, running her fingers along the skin and murmuring; "You are my favorite patient, after all. I would treat anything for you."

Admin
Admin

https://telaranrhiod.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Rogue Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Garanos' eyes shot up towards the door when someone entered the room, staring at the pink-clad nurse's assistant for a moment with a startled look. It soon melted with her concern for the girl she had come with, her head lifting from the palm of her hand while her back straightened. Her wings, however, twisted inadvertently to hide against her back as the girl entered and stared towards her. She may be a dragon, but she was a young one, so sight still intimidated her.

She soon felt herself growing somewhat aggravated, if only for a moment, when the girl advanced while writing something down on that clip board of hers. She only eased again when the assistant spoke, sighing quietly while her head dipped down for a moment in relief. She didn't take a drink for several moments, and as a result, instead of smoke escaping, tiny flames escaped her, mouth and nose alike. Despite this, she muttered softly, "I was hoping she'd be okay.." She murmured before a tightness returned to her back. Repercussions? She didn't like the sound of that... She lifted her head and brow both as she stared up at the girl.

As the girl spoke on, she felt friction rising up within her, her brow now furrowing into a half-hearted glare. Despite that the girl had a point, she was likely twice her age (though she didn't look it, and really didn't act it), and yet it felt like this human girl was talking down to her. Her natural pride swelled darkly for a moment, but she kept that restrained only because the girl had had a point, so when she finished, her head swept side to side. She was a good dragon, not the type that wanted to cause agony or anything of the sort, so when the girl moved over to one of the doors to pull it open, she tilted her head back to drink down what remained of her water and step down from the chair. She glanced again at the door to the infirmary, her brow furrowing tightly before relaxing with a sigh, turning to slip towards and out the door the assistant held open, a grudging look on her face.

Meanwhile!

Kamina watched the nurse quietly while the woman judged her injuries from the burn, ignoring the throbbing sting the affected area gave. That, perhaps, was one of few good things that came out of being hurt so often. Her tolerance to pain was shockingly high. Another was getting to know the woman she sat before. There was no doubt that the nurse was likely her best, her closest friend in this place, who's voice had more presence in her mind than anyone else's. She gave a soft sound as the Nurse rose and turned to get some bandages, among other things, her voice lifting when the Nurse spoke. "Thank you so much~ Hehe... But I do not think I could be an adventurer. I get enough adventure at my doorstep as it is, to go seek it out~ 'Sides, I wouldn't think of going anywhere without someone as dependable as you." There was no one as dependable as Winter, she thought.

She was quite open towards the woman, far more so than with others, for with her many constant visits to her, she found herself growing quite attached to the older woman. There was no reason that she could think of not to. The woman had even likely saved her life many times by now, and it was always her that helped Kamina when she needed it, which was constantly. She had even, by now, lost her fear that her constant presence would annoy the woman. She shifted slightly at the sound of the rubber snapping down over the Nurse's wrists as she slipped on her gloves, closing her eye for just a moment.

She reopened it to watch the woman walk back over towards her, smiling brightly for her, despite a wince that followed for the strain on her burned cheek. She offered up a warm little nod, followed by a shrug, as her head gave a slight tilt for the convenience of the woman when it came time to reapply the bandages over her eye, and apply new ones to her burns. "If I am tough, it is because I have the best cleric ever." She murmured softly, offering another smile with the playful reference. Truly, she would be dead by now if the woman had not taken such good care of her.

"I try, I try! I try hard to be careful, but I am just a magnate for these things. But I would never stop coming to you, even if my luck turned. That is... If you would allow me to keep visiting you~" She felt that the woman wouldn't mind, but it was something she still had to say, smiling still for the woman. She gave a soft sound when given the warning, closing her eye before the woman dampened the bandage with disinfectant, pursing her lips. Whenever a nurse or doctor warned that something would sting a little, it either burned, or it was nothing at all. She winced softly for a moment, her lips pursed tightly for a second before sighing gently.

She reopened her eye soon after sting died down, looking up to the woman with a look of obvious adoration before nodding gently with her words. "Thank you so much, Nurse Winter. And... And if I do feel anything strange, I'll tell you~" Something about the woman's words made her unburned cheek pink for a few moment. She gave quiet, nearly silent sounds at the woman's probing, rubber coated fingers, more so when they neared one of her many wounds than anything, her head tilting a bit forward.

Rose Rogue
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:43 pm

Vivian waited until the dragon finished drinking the water and walking out side, before she pulled the door shut. The air conditioner would eventually filter out what was in the air, and eventually she would get around to dusting off whatever managed to settle. She, of course, was not oblivious to the almost hateful stares that she was being given, but she disregarded them. She slowly turned a half-gaze over towards her, giving her a small, heart-filled stare. Well, heartfilled if only because her eyes were literally filled with them. She slowly shook her head back and forth for just a moment, before stating; "You don't need to give me that look. I am thinking of the children."

She slowly twist around, looking this way and that. Her bright pink nurse suit drew the eye, with how it curved around her form, and how the frill of her black lace bra was just visible beneath the blouse that could not quite cover her cleavage. There was just a little something about her that said she was not wearing pink because she felt girly. She seemed to give off a gothy aura, as if she would be more at home wearing dark clothing, instead of flaunting pinkness. Her thin eyeshadow seemed more out of place on her than thick would have.

There was also a slim, studded collar around her neck. Though it's significance was not quite recognizable, it did hold value to her, more than just fashionably. She even began to finger it for a moment, as if distracted, though her face seemed anything but. She said to her. "We are going to take a walk. There are things that we must... discuss, understand?" She said, her eyebrow arching before twirling without another word, and beginning to walk along the sidewalk. It simply left Garanos to follow or be left behind. "Hurry up." She said, after she had gone a while. "I do not really want to be out here."

Amidst all of that eeriness, the Nurse herself was having a ball, exploring the girl's body. It felt nice even under the second skin of her gloves. She slowly hummed out with a pleasure she had not felt since the last time the girl had become injured. She lightly ran her fingers over various cuts and bruises, rubbing salves and ointments into whichever was applicable. She knew what she was about. As she went on, though, her eyelids began a steady decline. She teased at less injured places, running her fingers over smooth skin, or scars, or any other little bit of skin she could reach. "I know it feels bad, but I would hate to mess up on you." She said, as her index passed over a particular cut upon her form.

She knew the reasons behind most of the girl's injuries, having treated most of them herself. They each told a little story about the life of the girl, and she read every one of them that she could with careful, practiced fingers, enjoying the sensation of rent flesh and the sight of bruised skin, as much as it galled her to admit it. Truth be told, she had always had a strong desire for the girl, ever since seeing her bound up in so much bandages. Not just a desire to bed the girl, though that was certainly present, but a desire to mother the girl. To care for and protect her. She felt similarly towards her assistant, Vivian, but she too was a girl she had gotten plenty of time to get to know. Her care for Vivian was spawned purely from her intellect.

This girl, on the other hand, might actually need her protection. Her eyes came up, to look upon the other's, and she said with a quiet, gentle voice; "Kamina, would you like to come over to my house, after school?" She realized it might seem a highly inappropriate question to ask a student, but she hoped the girl would not mind. "I am going to prepare dinner and everything. I would enjoy your company after-hours."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Rogue Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:37 pm

Garanos, once outside, loosened the tight wings against her back so they hung a bit more open, though she did not appear to relax, as they had done. Her youthful little claws pricked at the cup in her hand, dotting it with small holes that did not quite go through. She stared darkly for a short while longer at the girl before releasing a quiet sigh with her words, her shoulders shifting lightly. "I know.. I- hic- just do not li- hic- like leaving her behind." Another hiccup followed. Now, without water, small flames escaped her with her hiccups, and she eventually frowned inwardly at them. Having a lingering flame in one's throat tended to be irritating.

She lifted her head quietly a moment after, looking after the directions the assistant herself had looked in with pursed, for a moment at least before another hiccup escaped them, lips. It was not like she was going to hide if there were other people around, but it was still natural to look. Her tail swept low over the ground, merely an inch or so above it, never touching against it. That tail also served as her balance, for she had a slight lean forward, like she was only held up by... Well. A tail.

Her eyes flickered back around to stare quietly at Vivian for several long moments, forcing her to pay no mind to the flashiness of her outfit. Flashiness, bright and colorful things, any of it, had yet to interest her like it had her parents, but that was certain to come eventually. Her head dipped in a quick nod when the girl spoke, pursing her lips tightly when the girl's back was turned to her. She gave a sigh, cut in half by another hiccup, which was followed by a growl at the hiccup. She slipped along after the girl prompted her to hurry, quickly coming up near her side, though her head remained directed away, allowing the flames of her hiccups to escape off into the air. "What is... hic.. going to happen?"

Unlike Garanos, though, Kamina's mood was bright as the Nurse worked along her injuries. It was constant that she'd flinch or so, what with the rubber skinned fingers exploring along her cuts and her bruises and her aches, even take in a tiny gasp when a finger happened to touch perfectly at a sore spot. She used to have problems with squirming under such attention, but she had learned to remain still, finding that it was better on herself, and easier for the Nurse. She gave soft sounds as some of the ointments and salves and such left, at times, a chilly feel to them, or a warm sting, or a chilly sting. These were feelings she knew well, by now, and had even somewhat grown to like, with the reasoning that this meant she would get better faster. She muttered quietly after a long moment something along those lines. "It doesn't feel so bad, because I know you're taking care of me. You've always taken good care of me, and my body and I trust you."

She shifted gently only when she felt that her movement, in any way, would be of assistance to the woman who treated her many, many wounds. She hummed quietly in a cheerful little tune, watching with her one eye most of what the woman did. By now, she herself should be good at handling some of the wounds she bore, at wrapping them and taking care of them, but it was more often that she's come to the Nurse instead, partially as a reason to be around her. Besides, Nurse Winter was much better at it than she was.

When the woman spoke, she visibly perked to listen to her, blinking quietly for a moment of what appeared to be simple surprise. Her look darkened for a moment as she gave thought to it, wondering if she was.. needed at home or anything. Her head tilted to the side before brightening again, almost to a shine, it seemed, as she beamed at the woman after a moment, stating, no, almost singing, "I'd really love to, Nurse Winter~ Is there anything I could do to contribute?" Rare was it for her to see the woman outside of school, rarer still was it for her to see her without needing something fixed on her. Being around her for just company brightened any bit of down mood that had been left in her.

Rose Rogue
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Vivian released a quick, quiet sigh. She prepared herself mentally for what was to happen, but for now, simply walked along. Students would stare, of course. They would see a winged woman with horns, hiccuping flames. Some people might believe that there was actually a dragon-girl walking the grounds. Most would likely believe her wearing an elaborate costume, as humans tended to. Most were unwilling to believe in the supernatural. If they saw it, they immediately discarded it. And besides, wearing a costume to school was hardly the weirdest thing anyone had ever done in Minx.

Her eyes closed after a moment, and she began to fiddle with her collar, running her thumb along the studs as she followed her instinct along her path. Eventually she whipped around, grasping the girl by her shirt in order to drag her down into an alley of sorts between two of the buildings. She pressed the dragon girl up against the wall, leaning against her shoulders and quickly darting up, pressing her lips against the other's. Water had proven ineffectual, so perhaps shock would be a better course of action. She put herself in considerable danger, doing such a thing, when flames could suddenly be licking down her throat, but she did not care. She did not doubt the doctor could take care of her.

Her eyes stared up into the other girl's as she held the kiss, the expression hard and unmoving. The kiss was abruptly ended, and the assistant took a step back, her arms crossing under her fair chest as she stared towards the other, judging her to see if her tactic had assisted in the hiccups. The back of her mind tickled for a moment, and she remembered that most stories tended to represent dragons as possessive creatures. She shook her head to herself quietly. Even if such were true, she doubted one kiss would serve to create enough of a bond that the girl thought she could make a move. That would be awkward for Vivian.

While she took care of the dragon, the Nurse was finishing up her business. By this point, her gloves were stained partially red from fingering cuts and the like, so she discarded them into the garbage and took a few steps back, lowering her mask and showing off the full of her face as she stared towards the other. When she agreed to come along with her after school, a smile touched the woman's lips, and she lift her hands, crossing her arms beneath her chest as she stared at the girl. Having Kamina at her own home! Oh, how she wanted this little girl with her at all times, so she could care for her at any given moment.

The dark look was not lost on her, however. She was a doctor, after all. Judging a patients mental health was just as necessary as judging physical health. Though she had long since judged Kamina mentally stable--or at least not potentially dangerous to herself or others(Aside from her apparent injury-prone aura)--it was still an instinctual process, and she wondered what could be bothering Kamina about her home life. Well, that was part of the job of a Nurse, being a sort of counselor to the students, though no one would come to her, she thought. She stared upon the girl, beaming as she was, though, and decided not to distract her from her good mood. It would have been a crime to ruin such a beautiful expression.

Her head shook though, when asked if she could contribute. "No, no. This is a dinner, not a party. I could never ask a guest to help supply the food!" She laughed sultrily, and slowly stepped back forward, reaching out and lightly ruffling the half of her hair that was not covered by bandages. She did not want to send the girl back to her classes, so she would let the girl do it of her own accord, if she should decide to. "I am all done here, Kami'. You are free to go whenever you feel you are ready."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum